Saturday 10 January 2009

30 days....and a confession

It is 30 days since I started blogging..( or rather started posting articles in my blog ) and today I realise( based on the number of people who may have viewed this blog )that there are lots of people who are interested in reading these articles. I enjoy the comments that I receive and hope I continue to receive such feedback .
I think blogging is an amazing way to vent out the frustrations, ideas and thoughts that steam inside the mind.
Well...when I used to get totally out of my mind before, I used to go to Lonuziyaaraikolhu ...after 11.00 (hmmmmmm..ya..)gather little stones and throw them into the sea....and see how far it would reach. Thank God no one ever caught me at this!!!
Now...it seems through blogging I can scream my mind out too and I feel nice to have joined the world of Maldivian bloggers.
I would also like to admit that sometimes I may not be able to post articles very regularly as I am supposed to be writing up my thesis ( PhD)during the next couple of months.
But I am sure....I am getting hooked to this blog and you will continue to see my articles....!!
Thanks for the encouragement I have received from the readers during the past 30 days!
Happy reading.

8 comments:

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

Naz, keep up the great work. The stories you share are thought-provoking and I am sure this will influence people to change their views and also to change themselves for the better. Peace.

moss said...

love your writing and I am glad you started to blog! When you mentioned throwing stones and not being caught at that time, it just reminded me how many spectators you would draw to that area if you do it now at anytime now.I found it amusing that when I went there with five teenagers all aged 14, boys and girls in the group and they attracted a crowd when they started to throw stones just for fun!

Anonymous said...

naz, i am pretty sure yours is one of the popular blogs on mvblogs. most probably because maldives is a country in great need of people like you as many of us are emotionally/psychologically sick - including me. hehe.
and true, blogging is a great way of getting things off our chest.
keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

thanks...
about stone throwing...each stone gets a name too before its thrown into the ocean , stone number one; why x could not be helped...stone y; noone is helping these people; stone p...scream somebody help, I cant pay the clinic rent because half my patients need the money to eat instead of paying me for therapy; stone L.. am mad because I can't do more.
Like this I throw out my frustrations into the ocean..., but do not scream if you are doing so...ya...you will attract a crowd...and people may call you crazy too(but if they bring anyone to me to check whether they are mentally ill, i will lower my eyes and suddenly become totally irresponsible meaning i will say...NO NO NO!).
But...know your risks....when you go next time to throw the stones ha ha
I feel it is harmless and the chest feels very light at the end of this.
But I don't think this is any form of legitimate therapy...hmmmm!

The Shadowrunner said...

30 days, eh?. Hey, Rome wasnt built in one day.

Go get 'em!.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize I caught this blog in its infancy.

I've learned a lot from the few posts so far, I have a completely different outlook on drug addicts and the mentally disturbed since reading some of your entries. You post some mind-altering and thought-provoking stories about your experiences, and I hope to read more of that nature in the future.

Anonymous said...

I also did not realise I had caught this blog in its baby days. Please do keep it going and I hope you don't mind strangers reading along. Good luck with the thesis.

Anonymous said...

This is the most interesting blog, so far by a Maldivian.
Good luck with your thesis and blog! :)